HGV Mechanic / Plant Engineer
HGV Service Plant Engineer / Heavy Plant Fitter
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm or 7am-4pm
Occasional overtime will be required on a Saturday
Pay is £14.00 per hour
We are looking for a HGV Service Plant Engineer to work for our Client based in St Helens.
This is a family run business based in various locations throughout the UK the company has been trading for many years and has a wide range of various HGV vehicles.
The company is currently expanding and looking for Plant Service Engineers and HGV Plant Fitters to increase their team on a temporary contract with a view to go permanent for the right candidate.
- It would be a distinct advantage to hold a Class C (HGV Class 2) Licence but not essential
- Experience of working in a previous role is essential
- You must have a background in vehicle repair
- Punctuality and reliability is key
- You must be able to self organise your work load and be self motivated.
- Must have a reasonable level of knowledge of hydraulics and electrics.
- Must be familiar with HGV Trucks and have a basic knowledge of heavy plant.
- You will be responsible for the general service and vehicle maintenance of a fleet of HGV Class 2 vehicles.
- You will be required to carry out full inspections of a fleet of HGV vehicles
- Diagnosing faults and correcting running defects
- You will be required to self motivate yourself and have the ability to organise and prioritise your work load
- Carrying out service and repair work on vehicle mounted equipment (mechanical, hydraulic and electrical).
To apply for this position please contact Emily at our St Helens Branch 01744 881205